Wednesday 4 May 2011

week 26 delivering first leadership session

hi there to all who wish to read my blog for this weeks session today i had to do my other part of my silver arts award which was the leadership task where i set myself weeks to teach someone what i had learnt and the student which i so happened to be teaching was my mother and i felt that she understood everything i had taught her firstly i gave her a VIP tour of the studio and showed her the fire exits as well as covering health and safety.

Soon after we went onto learning the notes on the piano this was to make me understand wether or not she understood what the key notes of a piano were i.e. a,b,c,d,e,f,g after a bit of going over this subject she seemed to have understood clearly after 2-3 Min's of going over old grounds as my mother had been previously taught by a former teacher of mine soon after i knew she was confident in notes we soon moved on to chord structure understanding that starting on a c note using the counting formula 1.4.3 where you position your fingers in structure of the numbers counting upwards presents a cord.



After 30 Min's i started seeing real improvement i could see that my mother understood the cords very quickly after i had taught her the cords we took a brief look at majors and minors and then after all this i interviewed my mother about how she thought her session went if you want to hear the interview click below all in all i thought the session went well and i cant wait ill next week stay posted


Here is some video of me teaching and below that a recorded interview covering what my student thought and another covering what I thought of the lesson.


Freddy's reflection on his teaching


Freddy's mums reflection on being taught

2 comments:

  1. Jo Harris (student)4 May 2011 at 04:07

    Really enjoyed my first lesson on chord structures, have got the hang of the basics and now want to learn more!, my tutor taught me well and came up with some good ideas of ways to memorise my learning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Freddy - great session well done - here's your homework

    1. A friends review of your challenge. Here's the web address

    http://fhsilverartsaward.blogspot.com/p/freddys-music-through-ages-project.html


    2.Summary of what your plans are for future - College - Radio - etc

    Research a little more about places where you can get involved in the arts, collect brochures - CSV Radio - evidence of ICR radio - link to website, pictures of Freddy at radio show.

    ReplyDelete